Thursday, February 10, 2011

Elements of Kevin's Room

Since I had Kevin rather unexpectedly early I had not prepared his bedroom - or even registered - so now I am trying to pull it all together before my maternity leave ends in mid-March.  Kevin won't be out of the NICU by mid-March but I'll want to spend my non-working/sleeping hours with him, not pulling together a nursery.



Bedding is The Morning Zoo from The Land of Nod.


Crib is Baby Mod Modena in Navy from Walmart.  Originally I was planning to use a lovely crib from a friend but I was gravitating to a modern style and the crib is definitely not modern.  Since the Walmart crib is $250 I can afford to pass of the free crib.


The dresser I bought for $28 (not a typo) from a local estate liquidator.  I will repaint it to be less girly and post pictures of the before and after.


The lamp is from Urban Outfitters.  I purchased two of these a few years ago hoping to use them in a baby's room someday.  We moved three times since I purchased the lamps and one of the shades was damaged in a move.  I just found a Etsy seller who will recover the shades since it has been impossible to find a new shade that will work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment